Wednesday, May 19, 2004

About this blog...

Let's face it ... I just don't function without some sort of palm based device in my arsenal. I have used the Palm Desktop since it came out in 1997, I have a disdain for WinCE systems and frankly, I get a bit weird unless I can carry around bits of inane trivia to be called up at a moment's notice. I have a tiny laptop, and its great, don't get me wrong. But, I still need the hefty computing power of an actual computer to carry out my freelance duties and writing on a regular keyboard. Even when I did have the Prism with the wireless Omnisky modem and the fold out keyboard, I couldn't work on websites (even though I could do some writing on my book with WordSmith). But sometimes waiting for the laptop to wake up is just too long to wait. So, I find that my combo of PDA and laptop will cover me for my total computational needs. The fact that the Treo has a phone, MP3 player, a camera (granted, it is low res, but it sort of adds to the retro charm) and my Audible.com content helps.