Friday, August 13, 2004

REVIEW: Innopocket Aluminum case

Innopocket Aluminum Metal Hard Case for TREO 600 SMARTPHONE

  • Anodized aluminum protects your Palm smartphone.
  • Precision molded case to fit your handheld perfectly.
  • Neoprene lining holds your handheld securely in place and protects it against drops, shocks and collisions.
  • Cutouts for all vital functions. With removable belt clip and post system. Includes SD card storage
  • Size: 116 x 69 x 32 mm, Weight: approx. 55g
I'm very pleased with this case actually. I really haven't had to take the Treo out for any reason for at least a month or so now. The basics of the case are: - belt clip with removeable post that looks like a screw, but doesn't have the annoying quality of unscrewing itself at an inopportune time. - camera hole for the lens (you do need to have the detachable belt clip part off to take a picture (it interferes just a bit, but if you have the on your belt still, there's no problem) - there is a slot for an SD card on the inside of the cover, it faces the contacts out, which doesn't seem right to me, but it hasn't affected my spare SD card adversely. - there is a hole in front to access the 'answer button' and you can take a call without having to open the case (if you aren't curious who is calling) - there is a clot on the bottom for the sync/charge cable and the headset. well formed and fits without having to jiggle things around. - an ear 'outdent' with a hole so you can hear... fits nicely and I've noticed no quality impairment of sound when I'm on a call. - a side opening for the ringer /sound up and down buttons. Large enough to get your fingers in there to raise or lower the volume, but not big enough to accidentally do it. - just under the lens hole is a speaker phone vent opening. - the top is open for the antenna, SD slot, power, IR port and ringer button. It has a slight lip over the latter to make sure you don't accidentally turn off your phone, but you can still get to it in a pinch without having to open the cover... but I don't' ever bother to do this. I was at IKEA the other day sending an SMS to someone and this guy walked up to me and asked me about the case. The one thing I remember about the conversation was that he asked me specifically about the ringer button and if I had ever lost an SD card. I never really need to switch to silent mode without opening the cover and I've never lost an SD card. So I don't know how helpful this will be for those of you with these problems, all I can say it that I never had those issues. Maybe its the case, maybe I'm just not an animal with my Treo. I've been using a Palm device since they came out in 1997 (I still have my Pilot Personal... with the upgrade and the clear case.... good times, eh?) and so I am mindful of my little device. I'd really like to hear if any of you have issues with this... When the case is open, I can pretty easily type (well, as well as I can type on the keyboard considering I am a complete lummox thumb typing anyway) and do anything including play 72 straight games of solitaire. Frankly, I like the fact that all of these features make it so that I don't notice the case... and the fact that I don't have to take the Treo out of it for any function is probably the best advertisement for this case. 5/5 ...Go get one now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home