Monday, June 14, 2004

Mobile and disposable - Perspectives

Mobile and disposable - Perspectives - smh.com.au: "I've fiddled with this technology for a while. Handspring's Treo did a good job but I discarded it, partially because it was a bit bulky and fragile but mainly because it had a different power supply to everything else in my family. Whoever at Nokia made the decision to have the same power supply for all their phones has my eternal gratitude." And whoever decided to perpetrate the Nokia 3595 on the planet has my eternal enmity. (It was an utter piece of crap... a waste of planetary resources and I want all those hours back of my life that I wasted having to reboot (yes, reboot) the thing at inopportune times: like in the middle of a call or writing an SMS.) Crap, I tell you. For a self proclaimed technophobe that the author purports to be, using the same power supply as everything else is a pretty freakin' flimsy excuse for him not to like the Treo. Its like saying that you don't want to buy a different model of computer because you have to get a different plug for the wall than your last one. Just use the new one already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home