Friday, July 09, 2004

Museum ideas

You know how they have those audio programs that you rent or are given at museums that tell you all about the displays etc.? I want one that works on my Treo. Mp3 format would be cool, but a little app that can be beamed to my Treo (and could expire if they were going to be all paranoid about it) or put onto an SD card (either rented or on mine) for the day. Then I could also have an interactive app for the show with feedback items (sent somewhat like AvantGo has on their surveys) or order forms for related collateral (books, tshirts, reproductions, etc.) Or even expanding the whole tourism thing: walking tours (they have some on Audible.com [Soundwalk: Lower East Side, New York]) or digitizing those packs of cards with little focused walking tours in Paris or NYC.

2 Comments:

Blogger Janet Tokerud said...

Yeah. Definitely! I have a Zire 72 and that works for me - I hope they'll include thumbnails while they are at it since we have these screens that come along. They should have maps so you can find your way around and know where you are physically - at what painting or whatever - that goes with the audio.

Then, I think they need to let you keep the audio as a souvenir and reminder of the event. As knowledge for your knowledge collection. As a way to promote the event to your friends. So you can listen again later and get it on a deeper level.

1:20 AM  
Blogger fredlet said...

That's exactly what I had in mind... =;)

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home