Thursday, May 27, 2004

Treo External Battery

TreoCentral Store : Accessories : Cables & Power : Treo External Battery I'm interested in this external battery. So far, my Treo hasn't gotten down to a point where it asks to be plugged in, but I haven't traveled with it yet. My current routine consists of: -->wake up to Treo alarm -->drive to work in the morning (about an hour) listening to Audible.com stuff -->sync and charge during the day with occasional forays into meetings where I take a few notes (mostly to do items and edits to other docs I have on my Treo already-I'd get the keyboard if I needed to take serious notes. Jot will suffice for small things, but the tiny built in keyboard just doesn't do it for me.) -->more charging back at the desk -->get about 30 text messages during the course of the day -->chat on the phone some (10-15 minutes tops) -->occasional listening to music with PTunes -->drive home (about an hour) listening to Audible.com stuff -->get home and occasionnally pay Vegas Slots while half watching TV. The stats for the battery (via TreoCentral's site) are: Get additional battery life and talk time for your Treo 600. * 1250 mAh Lithium Ion battery for long lasting power * Adds 3 hours of extra talk time or up to 180 hours of standby time to your Treo 600 smartphone* * Lightweight and compact--weighs only 2.4 oz. (68 g.) * Snaps securely on to your Treo 600 * Charge using your Treo 600 AC charger or Travel Charger accessory * HotSync® your data with the External Battery attached *Actual talk and standby times may vary depending on carrier networks, settings, signal strength, and features selected. So, really I don't need the external now, but I suppose I should test drive vacation-like circumstances to see how it would do. Maybe I'll share one with mom and her Treo. Has anyone else had specific thoughts about their Treo's battery life? Let me know via comments or the mailform.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home